LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Becoming an Airforce Pilot

Last post 05-17-2007, 1:43 AM by Mikef-22. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-16-2007, 11:34 AM 4303

Becoming an Airforce Pilot

Hi,

I'm new to the forum. I have some questions regarding te Air Force.

First off, I live in the UK - I'm a dual US/UK citizen and have lived in the UK since the age of six. I am now fifteen. I don't see myself joining the RAF, it has always been the USAF for me.

I am wondering what steps I should take to becoming a USAF pilot as I am in the UK. Can it be done from here or will I have to go to America?

I know most of the requirements (High fitness level, good eyesight, good grades etc) - I play basketball to a very high level here: I don't know if that will help. I have wanted this career since I can remember - I used to see all the F-15's/F-16's fly past my house in America, and I still do. I live near an American run base called RAF Fairford.

If anyone can help me and suggest some steps I should take to accomplish this dream I will be most greatful. And I am open to moving to the USA again for this, wether it be for ROTC or one of the Air Force Academies.

Thankyou,

I look forward to a response.

Michael Farage

•  05-16-2007, 2:09 PM 4304 in reply to 4303

Re: Becoming an Airforce Pilot

Honestly, I have no idea how dual citizenship would affect you.  Your best bet would be to look at www.academyadmissions.com or www.afrotc.com.  If info is not on there, those sites have contact numbers and e-mails.

You will need to move to the US, because all the ROTC detachments and the Academy (there is only one US Air Force Academy) are in the US.

It is good that you are thinking about this early, because there may be problems with having dual citizenship.  You may be required to renounce your UK citizenship, but I do not know those regulations, so that is a complete guess.

Some other resources you might find helpful are www.serviceacademyforums.com  www.forums.military.com and www.talk.collegeconfidential.com (Service academy sub-forum)  There are a lot of knowledgeable people on those sites.

•  05-17-2007, 1:43 AM 4305 in reply to 4304

Re: Becoming an Airforce Pilot

Thanks for the new information. I checked the ROTC and USAFA websites but it wont let me send the emails because I am non US. I asked my mom if I could phone up but she said the phone call prices would be too expensive.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us